Thursday, March 8, 2007

Farro and Langoustine at E. Baldi



Ever since I discovered the Italian grain farro a while ago, I’ve been seeing it on restaurant menus around the country. The other day I went to the restaurant E.Baldi in Beverly Hills for lunch and they had a truly superb dish using this grain: farro with white beans, thinly sliced celery, the most delicately poached langoustine I’ve ever had, basil, and tomatoes with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. It was served at room temperature and was just delicious. I loved it so much I am going to try and re-create it this weekend for a friend who loves food almost as much as I do. If you have not yet discovered this grain, get with it; farro is sure to be coming to a restaurant near you.

E. Baldi
375 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.248.2633

Rustichella d’Abruzzo Whole Grain Farro Grain is available in Whole Foods across the country

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home