Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What I feed Bessie, my Jack Russell

It's not easy being my dog. The tempting smells she is exposed to daily would be too much for a person, let alone a dog's highly developed nose. I'm often asked what I do feed Bessie, and the answer is Dr. Harvey's Canine Health. Dr. Harvey's is holistic dog food with organic grains, vegetables, herbs, vitamins and minerals. It comes dry, in 5 pound or 10 pound bags. Cook it in water for 8 minutes and then add whatever protein you choose, raw or cooked. After I started Bessie on Dr. Harvey's, her body changed in a matter of a month. She lost the slight bloated quality she had, and her energy was much better.
Yes, it's obsessive cooking for your dog, but throwing dry food in a bowl is just not a concept I can live with. On the other hand, a friend I was traveling with saw my Zip-loc bag of Dr. Harvey's on the kitchen counter and thought it was muesli. He was about to pour milk over it before I intervened.

Dr. Harvey's Canine Health is available through a number of websites, or by mail order from Whiskers Holistic Petcare, 235 East 9th Street, New York, NY. 212.979.2532

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home