Monday, February 22, 2010

Traveling With My Yeast

I'm sorry my blogs have been far and few between. I've been on the east coast and will be back home tomorrow. I plan to pick up my bread baking and bake over the weekend. Meanwhile, I am proud to say that I have been traveling with my yeast, feeding it twice a day. All I can say is it's  no small feat and I am actually impressed with myself.


Right before I left, I baked one of my most successful loaves of bread ever. I think the secret was using banneton's, a linen covered basket that you use to proof bread.


More to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

That is quite a feat! I took a cross country trip decades ago with my mother-in-law along with a two-year old, a puppy, and some yeast. And I think the yeast was the hardest thing to keep up with. At the time, I thought my mother-in-law was crazy. Until I tasted her bread. Definitely worth the effort.

March 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home